Could a gentler, more collaborative parenting approach improve your relationship with your child or teen? In this episode, our guest Vivek Patel makes the case for "non-coercive, collaborative parenting" and illustrates what it looks like in real-life situations. We also discuss the importance of self-compassion and offer tools to move through difficult moments in parenting.
Vivek Patel is a conscious parenting mentor, a student of life, an artist, dancer, martial artist, writer, poet, jewelry designer and Dad! Through his own conscious exploration, he developed a non-coercive, collaborative parenting approach which he now teaches to parents around the globe. His main wish is to help parents have closer relationships with their kids. Vivek is the founder of @meaningfulideas on IG
, YouTube, and Twitter and is a sought-after speaker & podcast guest.
"The Connecting Power of a Collaborative Approach" © Mary Illions Wilde, MD
To subscribe on iTunes: go to iTunes store→ Music→ podcasts→ type in "Compassion Parenting" in search & click on icon→ click “subscribe” button
To Leave a Podcast Review
Leaving a podcast review at iTunes isn't intuitive. But positive ratings are hugely important: they help the podcast get discovered by new people. Please spend 5 minutes of your time to leave a review using one of the methods below.
How to leave a podcast review using Apple’s Podcast app
- Launch Apple’s Podcast App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter the name of the show (i.e., “Compassion Parenting Podcast”) into the search field
- Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes)
- Scroll down past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews
- Click “Write a Review” underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners. (Enter your iTunes password to login). You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
How to leave a podcast review at iTunes
- Go to the iTunes page of the Compassion Parenting Podcast.
- Click the "View in iTunes" button.
- At iTunes, click the Ratings and Reviews tab.
- You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
**When you’ve written a review, tag me or msg me on IG @compassionparenting & I’ll give you a shoutout on my story & a personal TY!
xo, Dr. Mary