In this episode, guest Mike Iskandar shares his personal journey of finding greater self-compassion by revisiting his past in a unique way. We discuss how integrating past, present, and future offers a new path to wholeness.
Mike Iskandar is on a mission to solve the epidemic of self-doubt, anxiety, and depression that strikes during adolescence and lasts decades into adulthood.
He is the founder of Time Travel Journeys--a breakthrough SEL program that guides teens and tweens on an exploration of the best qualities of their past and future selves, and how those discoveries can uplift their present sense of self in ways that boost self compassion, self confidence, and social connection.
His endeavor (recently featured on the stage of TEDxNCSU) began with a “time travel journey” of his own--a unique one-year research project in which he interviewed 40 people from ages 1 to 40 about what it’s like to be the age that they are. It was through this project that Mike discovered an unconventional path to self development, which has been implemented in schools and organizations as a curriculum, workshop, summer camp, and team-building retreat.
Mike is from Durham, NC, and has degrees in Journalism and Sociology from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He’s traveled to over 40 countries across 6 continents and has a strange affinity for silent meditation retreats and green smoothies.Listen to Mike's TEDx talk HERE
. Connect with Mike or learn more about his program at https://www.timetraveljourneys.com/
The Compassion Parenting Podcast hosted by Mary Illions Wilde, MD. It's been named as one of the top compassion podcasts by Feedspot
Connect with Dr. Mary:
To subscribe on iTunes: go to iTunes store→ Music→ podcasts→ type in "Compassion Parenting" in search & click on icon→ click “subscribe” button
To Leave a Podcast Review
Leaving a podcast review at iTunes isn't intuitive. But positive ratings are hugely important: they help the podcast get discovered by new people. Please spend 5 minutes of your time to leave a review using one of the methods below.
How to leave a podcast review using Apple’s Podcast app
- Launch Apple’s Podcast App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter the name of the show (i.e., “Compassion Parenting Podcast”) into the search field
- Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes)
- Scroll down past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews
- Click “Write a Review” underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners. (Enter your iTunes password to login). You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
How to leave a podcast review at iTunes
- Go to the iTunes page of the Compassion Parenting Podcast.
- Click the "View in iTunes" button.
- At iTunes, click the Ratings and Reviews tab.
- You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
**When you’ve written a review, tag me or msg me on IG @compassionparenting & I’ll give you a shoutout on my story & a personal TY!
xo, Dr. Mary