How long has it been since you've built a puzzle with your kids or gone on a neighborhood walk? Could the healing and connection you're seeking be found in a simple cardboard box or in your own backyard? In today's episode, we're joined by Kaylin Marcotte, founder of Jiggy Puzzles. She shares her story of discovering puzzles as a form of meditation and then building a company that elevates the common jigsaw puzzle into frameable art! Kaylin reveals the key practices that got her through "Shark Tank" and the pandemic years (practices that can fortify our own resilience too)!
Kaylin Marcotte is the founder & CEO of JIGGY, a new jigsaw puzzle brand on a mission to modernize and elevate the humble jigsaw, and support female artists around the world. She turned her hobby into a company and has been featured on Shark Tank, Oprah's Favorite Things and won over celebrity fans including Gwyneth Paltrow, Lili Reinhart and Chrissy Teigen. Kaylin was previously the first employee at media startup theSkimm, and is an alum of Barnard College in New York City. Grab your own JIGGY puzzle and do the "puzzle test" today! Go to jiggypuzzles.com
for a discount on your first order!
Download a free copy of Dr. Wilde's ebook "Finding Calm: Stress Detox for the Modern Family" HERE
and find more info about her programs, including Resilience School, at drmarywilde.com
"Returning to Old School Wellness Practices" with Kaylin Marcotte © Mary Illions Wilde, MD
To subscribe on iTunes: go to iTunes store→ Music→ podcasts→ type in "Compassion Parenting" in search & click on icon→ click “subscribe” button
To Leave a Podcast Review
Leaving a podcast review at iTunes isn't intuitive. But positive ratings are hugely important: they help the podcast get discovered by new people. Please spend 5 minutes of your time to leave a review using one of the methods below.
How to leave a podcast review using Apple’s Podcast app
- Launch Apple’s Podcast App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose “Search” from the bottom row of icons and enter the name of the show (i.e., “Compassion Parenting Podcast”) into the search field
- Select the show under Shows (not under Episodes)
- Scroll down past the first few episodes until you see Ratings & Reviews
- Click “Write a Review” underneath the displayed reviews from other listeners. (Enter your iTunes password to login). You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
How to leave a podcast review at iTunes
- Go to the iTunes page of the Compassion Parenting Podcast.
- Click the "View in iTunes" button.
- At iTunes, click the Ratings and Reviews tab.
- You’ll then have the option to rate us on a 5-star scale, and write a review if you choose :)
**When you’ve written a review, tag me or msg me on IG @compassionparenting & I’ll give you a shoutout on my story & a personal TY!
xo, Dr. Mary